Exquisite, delightfully moist and nutritious… The filling oats, tart baked raspberries, and sweet, moist pear, make this cake dance in your palate! This is a great cake to serve with tea at your weekend gatherings with friends and family. It is also a filling snack that will make a perfect match with your morning coffee. Easy, delicious, and healthy! What else can you ask for?
- 1 cup of water (or almond/soy milk)
- ¼ cup of oil
- ½ cup of honey (or brown sugar)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of white flower
- 1 cup of whole wheat flower
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of whole or crushed oats
- 1 pureed pear (or 1 pureed apple)
- ½ cup of salted toasted almonds (or any nut you prefer)
- Nutmeg/cinnamon/vanilla extract (optional and up to taste)
- 1 small shredded carrot
- 1 small shredded zucchini
- Raspberries (as many as you want)
- Grated lemon (if you keep a whole lemon in the freezer, you can use the whole fruit by grating it on salads, smoothies, and baking gods!)
- Powder sugar
- Fresh raspberries
In a large bowl or bread machine, combine all the wet ingredients (water, oil, honey, and pureed pear). Then add all the rest of the ingredients and mix everything until you get a wet dough.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place mixture in a 9’’x13’’ non-stick backing pan (or spray with oil to avoid sticking). Bake for 40 minutes or until center is cooked (use a toothpick or sharp knife to test).
Give the cake some time to cool off before cutting. Serve warm, sprinkle with powder sugar, and garnish with a few fresh raspberries.