Hello gorgeous, thank you for making environmentally conscious choices! We hope you enjoy baking, eating and sharing these delicious green muffins!
These vibrant green, exquisite and healthy kale muffins make a wonderful snack guaranteed to energize your morning or afternoon! Wholesome ingredients, such as kale, apple, oats, chia seeds, and almond milk give these muffins a perfect and balanced combination of moisture, sweetness, and tenderness. A powerful juicy heart of berries adds fiber, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and extra flavor to this recipe ♥!
Note: These kale muffins are not super sweet, they are twice as heavy and filling as a regular muffin, and they are really healthy! Add extra berries and seeds for extra nutrients! Enjoy!
- Egg substitute: 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed (or ground chia seed) + 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 apple
- 1 cup of room temperature almond milk (if it is cold, the coconut oil will harden)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls of kale (you can also use red or green chard, beet greens or a mix of all)
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil (heat to melt if necessary)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia or poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Berries of your choice: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries,
- Non-stick muffin baking pan
Lemon glaze: 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 or 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a pinch of lemon zest and.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground flax seed with the water and let rest for a few minutes.
- With a blender or food processor, blend the apple, kale, vanilla extract, and almond milk together, as if you were making a smoothie. Pour the smoothie into the bowl with the gelled flax seed, add the coconut oil and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, oats, chia, baking powder, salt and sugar).
- With a wooden spoon, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix everything together until you get a moist green homogeneous mixture.
- Fill all the cups in the non-stick muffin pan with dough (if you are not using a non-stick pan or silicone/paper cups, spray the pan with oil before filling the cups).
- Top each cup with your choice of berries (burry a few in the center) and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are fully cooked (stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin, if it comes out dry, it’s ready!).