Pears, the “gift of the gods,” are high in nutrients and low in calories. They are a great source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, which are also contained in their skin. Baked Cinnamon Pears are very simple and easy to prepare and they make a great pair with vanilla almond milk ice cream!
- 4 ripe pears (cut in halves)
- Brown sugar
- Wash the pears and cut them into halves. With a knife or a spoon remove the seeds from the center of each half of the pears.
- Place them on a cookie sheet or baking pan. Add brown sugar and cinnamon on top of each half.
- Bake for 30 or 40 minutes in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until every pear is soft and golden brown.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, collect the melted sugar (caramel) with a spoon and pour it on top of the pears for decoration and extra flavor. Serve warm with vanilla almond milk ice cream and garnish with a mint leaf or a green leaf from any plant in your backyard.