This amazingly delicious vegan sandwich will blow your mind and fill your belly!
In order to veganize this American favorite, tofu is used instead of egg, making this sandwich a high protein, satisfying and healthy meal.
Get your favorite bread and some fresh veggies ready, putting it together is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
This is a great recipe to prepare for work or school lunch and for picnics!
- 4-5 ounces of drained firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (adds color, flavor and nutritional value!)
- 5-6 chopped olives
- A pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional ingredients: red onion, green onion, pickles, and/or parsley
- Sliced bread, rolls or buns (soft bread is recommended)
- Lettuce or arugula leaves and sliced tomato
1. Place the tofu, vegan mayo, mustard and nutritional yeast on a large plate or in a soup bowl. With a fork, break down the tofu and mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Add the chopped olives, onion, pickles or any ingredient you prefer. Season with paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Place the egg-less egg salad on an open face fresh roll–or the bread of your choice. Serve with sliced tomato and greens! Enjoy!
Also, try the Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich!