This aubergine pâté is creamy, flavorful and easy to prepare, and makes a filling and nutritious appetizer that you can serve with crackers, pita bread, or fresh vegetables! I hope you love it!
Eggplants are rich in fiber and a great source of vitamin K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, potassium and manganese. They are also effective antioxidants and help lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/2 cup of black or green pitted olives
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- The juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Paprika and pepper to taste
- Cut the eggplant in large cubes and crush the garlic cloves.
- On an oiled medium skillet on medium heat, sauté the crushed garlic cloves and the cubed eggplant (cover with a lid and cook for 7-10 minutes). When the eggplant is fully cooked, remove from heat and let cool off for a few minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the pitted olives, sautéed eggplants and garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, fresh parsley, paprika, pepper, and olive oil and blend until you get a creamy dip.
- Serve on a bowl and garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and paprika, and drizzle with olive oil. Accompany with raw veggie platter, crackers or pita bread. Enjoy!