To recycle is to convert waste into reusable materials, to make a new item out of used stuff. To upcycle, is to create a cool high quality product out of discarded or old objects. Recycling and upcycling extends the lifespan of things and prevents more garbage from going to the landfills.
For instance, if your puppy chewed up your book, don’t just put the ruined book in the recycle bin. Think out of the box! Wrap a present with it! Instead of purchasing wrapping paper, you can also use old magazines or newspaper.
Get clever and creative and make useful things out of disposable and old items!
- Tambourines, made out of bottle caps and a metal hanger.
- Light bulb planter, hanging plant holder made out of a burnt light bulb.
- Re-purposed T-Shirts Rag Rug, with natural hibiscus and turmeric dyes!
- Bird feeder, made out of a wine bottle.
- Wine Cork Bulletin Board, to stay organized, motivated and productive!
- Tree Stump Coasters & Pen Holders, made from dead (Christmas) trees.
- Versatile Pallet Table, a one of a kind, modern industrial addition to your home.