These granola and blueberry cookies are highly nutritious and incredibly delicious!
Granola—a mixture of whole grain oats, nuts and seeds—is rich in fiber, healthy fats, and protein. Blueberries, fresh or dried, are loaded with antioxidants, manganese and lots of flavor.
This recipe is very easy to prepare and makes an exquisite and healthy snack, ideal for any time of the day.
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of white flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of vegan granola
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, add all of the dry ingredients—flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granola, brown sugar and hemp seeds—and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together (agave, coconut oil and and almond milk). Add the blueberries and mix well.
- With a wooden spoon, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients (use a silicone or rubber spatula). Mix everything together until you get a uniform but chunky moist mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For a rustic look, use the palms of your hands to press small amounts of the cookie mixture into the shape of a cookie. Then place it on an oiled cookie sheet. For a more neat look, use a muffin pan. Fill each hole of the muffin pan with the cookie mixture and press it down with your finger tips. This is a great way to keep the cookie mixture together and keep the edges of your cookies from burning. Repeat this step until you run out of cookie mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown.
Enjoy with coffee or tea. Take some granola-blueberry cookies to work or school for a healthy snack…Don’t forget to share!