This nutritious soup is creamy, delicious and very easy to make. It is also a great way to use your vegetables before they go bad. Since this recipe will make a large batch, you may want to freeze part of it for backup food! For extra fiber and calories, you can serve it with lentils, garbanzo beans, brown rice, quinoa, or whole wheat noodles. Garnish with some fresh parsley or thinly sliced green onions, paprika, and olive oil.
Just about any vegetable combination will work!
Ingredients to add to the pot first:
- Potato and sweet potato
- Butternut squash or pumpkin
- Onion and garlic (to increase garlic’s nutritional value and healing properties, mash, mince or dice the garlic cloves and let them sit for 10 minutes before eating or cooking them)
- Brussels sprouts
Ingredients to add last:
- Bell pepper
- Green Beans
- Corn (whole or cut)
- Fill a large pot half way with water and place it on medium heat. Start adding the vegetables from the first list to the pot as you peel and chop them–the hardest vegetables go first. Then add onion, celery and garlic for flavor.
- After 20 minutes of full boiling, start adding your choice of vegetables from the second list of ingredients in the order they are listed. Add salt, pepper, paprika, and some olive oil. Cook for five or ten more minutes and turn the heat off. Add the spinach after you turned off the heat and put the lid on the pot; the spinach will cook in seconds.
- Allow the soup to cool down for about an hour. Then use a food processor or blender to blend the vegetables into a creamy soup.
- Serve soup by itself or complement with a few spoonfuls of brown or wild rice, quinoa, farro, barley, soup noodles, or cuscus. Garnish with chopped parsley, fresh ground pepper or paprika, and a squirt of olive oil. You can also top your soup with a scoop of Toffutti dairy-free sour cream and thinly sliced green onions!
Vegetable Soup Photo Gallery:
You may also like the FALL PUMPKIN SOUP.
♥You can add all the vegetable peels and organic waste to your compost or use them to make a batch of Multi-UCES!