Hi there sexy, welcome to GSU’s Green Cuisine zone! We appreciate your interest in a more sustainable world and hope you enjoy this colorful and nutritious page!
Fresh, natural and filling, veggie wraps are an easy and quick way to put together a light but nutritious meal. They are also ideal for a picnic or lunch on the go. You can use tortilla wraps, Indian style bread–naan, roti, or chapati–or whichever kind of flat bread you prefer. Get creative and come up with your own wrap combination!
Ingredients to choose from:
- Wrap: whole wheat flat bread, spinach or sun-dried tomato basil wrap, Mexican flour tortillas, or Indian style bread (naan, roti, or chapati);
- Protein: hummus, tofu “egg” salad, meatless chicken strips (Gardein, Morning Star, or other), garbanzo, lentil, edamame or white beans (whole or blended), quinoa salad, artichoke hearts, deli sliced Tofurky, hemp, chia or pumpkin seeds;
- Greens: arugula, spinach, spring mix, kale, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower sprouts, avocado;
- Crunch: red onion, cucumber, radishes (thinly sliced), red cabbage
- Other: capers, green or black olives (in halves, quarters or blended–>tapenade), eggplant pate, vegan cheese slices.
- Dress it!: Salt, pepper, olive oil, vegan mayo, pesto or provenzal (parsley pesto)
Mediterranean Veggie Wrap:
- Sun-dried tomato basil wrap
- Garbanzo Paste: organic garbanzo beans (drained and mashed or blended) mixed with salt, pepper, paprika, freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil and vegan mayo (to taste)
- Tapenade or chopped kalamata olives
- Quartered artichoke hearts
- Chopped lettuce, sliced tomato and thinly sliced red onion
- Salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Spread garbanzo paste and tapenade on your wrap.
- Top with artichokes, tomatoes, lettuce and onions
- Finally, dress with salt and pepper and some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Roll your wrap and cut it in half. Enjoy!
OMG Wrap (Chicken-Mushroom-Kale-Avocado):
- Meatless chicken strips (Gardein, Morning Star, or soy-free alternatives such as Beyond Meat or Quorn)
- Sliced mushrooms
- Diced red onion
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Chopped green lettuce
- Chopped kale
- Hemp and chia seeds
- Sliced avocado
- Vegan mayo
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, freshly squeezed lime juice
- On a hot skillet, pour some olive oil and sauté the meatless chicken strips, onion and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- On a medium bowl, mix the chopped greens and red cabbage and dress with salt, pepper, chia and hemp seeds, a generous amount of freshly squeezed lime juice, and olive oil.
- Spread some vegan mayo on a green tortilla wrap and top with salad mix, avocado slices and sautéed chicken. Wrap it and enjoy this delicious meal!
Green Power Veggie Wrap:
- Whole wheat flatbread wrap
- Tofurky deli slices
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Avocado slices
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Green olives (cut in halves)
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Spicy red hummus
- Vegan cheese
- Lettuce on spinach
- Salt, pepper, a squirt of fresh lemon juice