This is a delicious and very easy to make meal. You can use a spinach or sun-dried tomato basil wrap or a regular flour tortilla. Use a French baguette or any type of bread and make it a sandwich. For the veggie-meatballs you have different options and brands, some are even soy and gluten-free; all of them taste pretty amazing, specially when cooked in your homemade tomato sauce! Vegan cheeses come in different flavors: American, mozzarella, cheddar, gouda, and Swiss. Nowadays, you will be able to find these products at many grocery stores. Go wild and make yourself a sexy meatless-meatball wrap!
- 1 bag of veggie meatballs (Beyond Meat, Gardein, Quorn, Gimme Lean, or other)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and chili flakes
- Mozzarella/Cheddar/American flavor vegan cheese (Teese, Follow Your Heart, Tofutti, Vegan Gourmet, Galaxy Nutritional Foods, or other)
- A sun-dried tomato basil wrap or French baguette
- In a medium pot or skillet on medium heat, add some oil, chili flakes, diced garlic, and diced onions. Sauté for a couple of minutes, add the meatballs and cover with the lid.
- Once the meatballs start browning, add the can of tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well, turn heat to low, cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- On a warm skillet on low heat, place your wrap or tortilla. Put some shredded cheese or cheese slices on the tortilla, cover with a lid, and let the cheese melt. Then move the tortilla to a plate, add your meatballs and tomato sauce, top with some finely chopped basil, roll it and voila! Buon appetito!
♦For the sandwich, turn the oven on. Cut the French baguette open and place cheese on one side. Bake for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the meatballs with their sauce on the other side of the baguette. You can also add some finely chopped basil, fresh parsley or green onions on top of the meatballs before closing the sandwich.
Enjoy your meatless meatball meal!
Other delicious vegan sandwiches and wraps: