These vegan chicken and portobello mushroom fajitas are delicious, light and easy to prepare. Serve them with corn or flour tortillas, avocado or guacamole, and hot sauce. Invite your meat eater friends or family members, they will love them too! Who wouldn’t enjoy this colorful vegan meal, full of flavor and phytonutrients?!
Note: For a meat version of this vegan fajita recipe, substitute the meatless chicken strips for meatless beef.
- 1 sliced small onion
- 1/4 of sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 of sliced green bell pepper
- 1/4 of sliced yellow pepper
- 5 ounces of vegan chicken strips (Gardein, Morning Star, Beyond Meat, or Quorn)
- 1 sliced large portobello mushroom
- Chili flakes, salt and pepper
- Flour or wheat tortillas
- Hot sauce
- Optional: avocado or guacamole, lettuce, pico de gallo, rice, refried beans, etc.
- Add some oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the sliced onions. Let cook for a couple if minutes.
- Then add the bell peppers, chicken strips and sliced portobello mushroom.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute all together until it gets golden brown and remove from heat.
- Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas, hot sauce, and some fresh typical Mexican sides, such as pico de gallo, guacamole, and refried beans!
For the guacamole, pico de gallo, and refried beans recipes check the Burritos‘ page.