An affordable filling instant meal that could be eaten anywhere at any time…This is what Taiwanese-Japanese business man Momofuku Ando was looking for when he created the top ramen noodle meal. His goal was to find the perfect combination of a practical and satisfying meal at a low price in order to feed the masses after World War II, a period of food shortage.
This top notch version of Mr. Momofuku ramen is healthier, super flavorful, and very easy to prepare; it also makes the popular fast-food noodle meal look and taste amazing.
- 1 bag of ramen noodles (Koyo offers low sodium vegan organic noodles)
- 2 diced mushrooms
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 diced green onion
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Soy sauce
- Optional: a hand full of spinach, diced tofu, bean sprouts, or/and veggie dumplings.
- In a small pot on medium heat, bring a cup and a half of water to boil. Add noodles and flavoring package to the boiling water. If you want to add some frozen vegetable dumplings this would be the moment.
- Let noodles cook for a minute and then add diced mushrooms (bean sprouts and tofu if you chose those ingredients as well).
- Cover and cook for a few more minutes and remove from heat. Serve in a bowl with fresh chopped cilantro, diced green onion, a generous squirt of fresh lime juice and siracha!
- veggie dumplings
- green onion & cilantro
- freshly squeezed lime juice